More than 20 years providing excellent technical and business
manufacturing, business, education,
and nonprofit organizations.
- Co-author of Your Project Management Coach, published by John Wiley & Sons, February 2012.
- Author of Microsoft Project 2010 Inside Out, published by Microsoft Press and O'Reilly Media, May 2011.
- Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS) for Project and Project Server 2007.
- Blogger for Projects in Practice.
- Winner of the Washington School Public Relations Association Award for Excellent Communication in Electronic Media for the Puyallup School District website for each year from 2005 through 2012.
- 2010 Outstanding Adult Volunteer Regional Winner of the Oregon Governor's Volunteer Award.
- 2000 winner of the Society for Technical Communication Best in Show Award for the Microsoft Home Publishing 99 Introduction.
Participating in the Society for Technical Communications (STC) Summit in Anaheim, May 15-18, 2016. Facilitating a discussion titled "The Client Said Yes: Now What?"
Current projects include writing online help articles about popular software applications for people with vision disabilities, researching and writing a water company feasibility study, web content development and management, and grant writing and coordination for a library system.
Recently completed projects include a financial software user guide, a major website restructure, instructional design and video scripting for software quality standards compliance, and book authoring for network products.
Your Project Management Coach: Best Practices for Managing Projects in the Real World, co-authored with Bonnie Biafore and published by John Wiley & Sons, was released February 2012. This is the 15th book I have authored or co-authored.
In May 2007, libraries in Josephine County, Oregon, were closed due to lack of funding. In September 2007, committed community members formed Josephine Community Libraries, Inc., a nongovernmental nonprofit organization dedicated to reopening and operating the libraries in Josephine County. In December 2008 the main Grants Pass branch was reopened, and by December 2009, the other three branches were reopened. Read more about Josephine Community Libraries, for which I have volunteered as project manager and now serve as webmaster and grants program coordinator.
- Trade book authoring
- Web content development and management
- Feature articles for web and print
- Grant writing and coordination
- Software documentation including online help
- Multimedia demonstrations and tutorials
- Instructional design, curriculum development, teaching
- Business plans, proposals, policies, procedures
- Corporate and nonprofit communications
- Project management